Saturday, January 22, 2011

Starting Saturday off right.

I started this morning off with coffee and magazines in bed.  Absolutely delightful.  I love magazines.  Love.  And I was alone with them.  

On the superpragmatic side, I noticed on a recent trip to Lowe's that they had these free classes on Saturday mornings.  This weekend's class was full, but I signed Geoff and Chloe up for the next one in February where they will build a music box.  
It being Saturday, Geoff needed to go to Lowe's anyway, so I suggested they go together to see if maybe someone didn't show for today's class, and there was room for Chloe.  Apparently they had a great turn out, but the nice lady at Lowe's couldn't turn this girl down, yay! 
I'm so glad they went, they had a great time!  Chloe hammered the nails herself.  Along with her apron, she got safety goggles and two balls for the ball toss.  What a great program, check to see if there is one in your area. 
Have a great weekend, everyone.  I'm going to get outside and enjoy it.  


2 comments :

  1. We were going to check those out too but felt Larra was too small. If Chloe is good with it I bet that Larra will be too. Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came home with the kit package and it said 5+ on it, but Geoff said Chloe had no problem with it. He helped her finish the nails, but she had a great sense of pride over the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!