Tuesday, November 27, 2012

best friends

Chloe met her friend, Penny two years ago at preschool.  I can't remember exactly when their friendship started, but it was pretty early on in the school year. If I asked Chloe, she may be able to tell me the exact minute it happened. For Chloe's birthday last year she only wanted Penny, Kermit, and Miss Piggy.  Miraculously, I was able to make that happen. And for her birthday, Penny invited Chloe for a day at Disneyland with pampering at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. They love each other.

They now go to different elementary schools, but Penny remains Chloe's best friend. Chloe misses her plenty. I am empathetic to her situation, as my best friend from preschool lived a city away, and once preschool was over we were resigned to talking on the phone and getting together for sleepovers on the weekends. These two have face-time and weekend play dates when everyone's schedules line up. Sunday they got together and their joy and giggles were contagious; their laughter took me right back to age five with my BF Sarah. I was transported back in time, flooded with memories of my five year old self.

They repeat silly phrases over and over (and over) again, and giggle uncontrollably, and it is impossible not to laugh along with them. Their friendship makes me happy.


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!